Frequently Asked Questions
Listed below are common questions about selling your gadget. If your question is
not listed please email us at email@example.com or alternatively call us on 0845 466 7145
(8am - 8pm Mon - Friday, 9am - 5pm Saturday and 10am - 4pm Sunday).
- How much is my gadget worth?
- My gadget isn’t on the list – what can I do with it?
- What if my gadget is listed with no value?
- How do I know if my gadget is in working order?
- How do I find out the manufacturer and model of my mobile phone?
- Can you show me how i should package my item(s)?
- Do I need to send in all mobile accessories as well?
- Do I need to send the SIM card?
- Do I need to pay to post my device to you?
- What’s the best way to send my phone?
- I selected to print a Packetpost Returns address label and use my
own packaging but now I can’t click back to the order confirmation page to
print it. What can I do?
- Will I get confirmation?
- What if I change my mind?
- How do I get paid?
- I live in Republic of Ireland can I still participate?
- Is there a limit to the number of phones I can send in?
- What happens if stolen mobiles are sent in?
- What happens to my mobile phone once I have sent it in?
- What are the environmental benefits of recycling my phone?
- How do I delete data from my iPhone?
1. How much is my gadget worth?
To find out if your gadget is listed and how much it is worth click here
or call 0845 466 7145 (8am - 8pm Mon - Friday, 9am - 5pm Saturday and 10am - 4pm Sunday).
2. My gadget isn’t on the list – what can I do with it?
Unfortunately if your gadget is not on the list we are unable to recycle it.
3. What if my gadget is listed with no value?
If your gadget is listed but has no value we can still ensure this is recycled in
the correct manner and will also plant a tree as part of our carbon offset initiative.
4. How do I know if my mobile phone is in working order?
A working phone has to switch on, have no water damage and an undamaged screen.
5. How do I find out the manufacturer and model of my mobile phone?
Try taking the battery cover off and looking under the battery. The name of the
manufacturer and mobile phone model are usually written on the sticker under the
7. Do I need to send in all mobile accessories as well?
No, just send in the mobile with its battery fully charged. Chargers and other accessories
are not needed and can damage the packaging.
8. Do I need to send the SIM card?
No, we do not need your SIM card. Please remove your SIM card before sending your
9. Do I need to pay to post my device to you?
We cover the cost of packaging and labels but if you are concerned about your items
being lost, stolen or damaged in the post we recommend you to send it by Special
Please note: Royal Mail recently introduced new guidelines regarding shipping products
containing lithium batteries. Find out more information
about the guidelines and how they impact you here.
10. What’s the best way to send my phone?
Royal Mail recently introduced new guidelines regarding shipping products containing
lithium batteries. Find out more information about
the guidelines and how they impact you here.
When sending your mobile phone to us, we recommend that you obtain a Certificate
of Postage which can be obtained free of charge from any Post Office. If the mobile
phone is subsequently lost in the post, it will be covered up to the value of £39
and should be claimed directly from Royal Mail. If the value of the mobile phone
is more than £39, we recommend you send it to us using Special Delivery available
from the Post Office. If you choose to use Special Delivery, this will be entirely
at your own expense. Special Delivery enables you to track your mobile phone until
it arrives with us and will insure you against its loss. Neither Money4urmobile
nor Redeem accept any responsibility for mobile phones that are not received by
If you are using our free pack please ask for Royal Mail Packet Post from the Post
11. I selected to print a Packetpost Returns address label and use my own packaging
but now I can’t click back to the order confirmation page to print it. What
can I do?
Don‘t worry, we‘ve sent you a confirmation email containing the Packetpost
Returns address label and the order summary that you need to put inside the packaging
with your item(s).
12. Will I get confirmation?
We will email, text or post confirmation that we have received your items and confirm
when your payment will be made.
13. What if I’m not happy with my revised offer?
If your item receives a reduction we will contact you giving you 48 hours to arrange
for the return of your item.
14. How do I get paid?
We offer an option of cheque or bank transfer. When we receive your order, we will
check that it is complete and that it meets our terms and conditions. Providing
it does we will process your payment on the next working day. Next day payment does
not apply in events that are out of our control.
16. Is there a limit to the number of phones I can send in?
The offer is limited to 6 phones per household in any 6 month period. The value
of items returned beyond this limit will be donated to charity.
17. What happens if stolen gadget are sent in?
If a gadget sent in to us turns out to be stolen or the subject of an investigation
we will hand these items over to the police and no payment will be issued for such
18. What happens to my gadget once I have sent it in?
If your gadget is in good working order it will be refurbished and sold on for reuse
as an affordable means of communication predominantly in developing countries. Those
that can’t be repaired are sent to be "end of life" recycled. The
precious metals and other components that can be reused are extracted from the handset
and any remaining materials smelted for energy recovery.
19. What are the environmental benefits of recycling my gadget?
When old mobile phones are thrown in the bin they end up in landfill sites across
the country. Once in these sites they do not break down and may pollute surrounding
soil and waterways, damaging plant and wildlife.
20.How do I delete data from my iPhone?
To delete data from your iPhone please follow the instructions below:
- From standby select Menu > Settings >General > Reset
- Select Erase All Content and Settings
- Press Erase iPhone
- Press Erase iPhone
Handset will switch off and restart. This may take several minutes. Please do not
switch handset off during reset.
If you have a question that has not been answered above, please do not hesitate
to e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call
us on 0845 466 7145 (8am - 8pm Mon - Friday, 9am - 5pm Saturday and 10am - 4pm Sunday).